What is the main cause of hyperpigmentation?
What causes hyperpigmentation? Skin gets its color from a substance called melanin, which is made by skin cells. When those skin cells are damaged or unhealthy, they can produce too much melanin. The melanin can clump, causing that area to appear darker. being in the beauty industry i come across many people with hyperpigmentation and i can say that chemical peels and TCA peels are the best treatments for hyperpigmentation.
What is hyperpigmentation signs and symptoms?
Hyperpigmentation: The symptoms and risk factors
- Patches of varying shades of brown or black.
- The discoloration is seen after inflammation or injury on the skin.
- Discolored patches turning darker after sun exposure.
- Raised dark patches growing in size.
What happens if hyperpigmentation is left untreated?
Epidermal hyper melanosis will appear tan, brown, or dark brown and may take months to years to resolve without treatment. Hyperpigmentation within the dermis has a blue-gray appearance and may either be permanent or resolve over a protracted period of time if left untreated
TCA Peel Benefits
- Reduced brown spots and age spots.
- Improved texture of leathery, sun-damaged skin.
- Reduced appearance of certain types of acne.
- Fewer fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improved appearance of skin with melasma.
- Increased skin elasticity and hydration.